Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Being my third tablet after samsung galaxy 7,ipad 2

Being my third tablet after samsung galaxy 7,ipad 2 a now asus transformer tf 101, please if you already have an Ipad 2. Do yourself a favor and do not buy it. If you don't have an ipad 2 yet, save your money and get an used ipad 1 for about $250 or simply get an ipad 2.let's start with the cons... Laggy response, despite a powerful hardware the android interface is unresponsive and slow. Comparing to my ipad 2, typing with onscreen keyboard is a total nightmare. I have to slow down considerably my typing speed because my on screen keyboard can't keep up to my fast and accurate typing speed. Browsing is totally a challenge here.default browser crashes very often,specially after opening a 3rd window tab. Zooming with multituch gestures is dissapointing. It is simply too slow and laggy. Screen looks washed out if you compare it to ipad 2 screen. Acer iconia tab a500 has a better screen. Expensive and overpriced gadget. Android 3.21 to blame for. This shouldn't cost more than 50% of the cheapest ipad 2, because this is what you are going to get, about 50% of the functionality of the ipad 2. We need quad core arm cpus only to cover on android 3.XX flaws. I am going to keep it only waiting for official asus ice cream sandwich 4.XX Pros: Extensive line of accessories from asus. However after getting them all (the ones really neccessary as asus keyboard, asus usb reader and sd reader)you can easily pass the $500 mark. At that point is a no sense getting an android tablet, no matter if it has a 4 or 8 core cpu. Conclusion: this is an amazing gadget, not really a functional tablet, browsing is terrible, watching videos is dissapointing, screen quality is a low quality screen, again if you compare it to ipad 2 screen. If you don't have an an ipad 2, you will probably won't notice any of my observations here. Acer iconia a500 and toshiba thrive are much better values. updated 11/28/2011 After 12 hours playing and dealing with I almost gave up, I was going to return it and finally decided to root it, I had to change the filesystem to ext2 before and then Installed latest revolver ROM and finally overclocked it to 1.5 Ghz, I couldn't believe how fast and responsive it was. Highly recommended to install custom rom, even if you are not a power user, just follow the instructions and you will be ready to go, the stock honeycomb on transformer tf101 is disappointing. Now I'm using everyday, I'm ordering the asus dock station and my Ipad 2 64 Gb is taking dust now. Already started spending some bucks on the great android apps from the market. I highly recommended this tablet due its popularity and 3er party support, currently with the motorola xoom, are the most popular and supported tegra 2 android tablets. Money Well spent here.

No comments:

Post a Comment